The use of technical assistance in the preparation of infrastructure projects has many advantages, such as:
- Very fast initial project preparation (existing framework contracts of individual providers of technical assistance allow quick selection of advisors)
- Savings on advisory costs (the Procuring Authority pays nothing, or only a fraction of the costs)
- Advisory is provided by reputable companies that have both international and local experience
- Quality project preparation can lead to
- Faster progress of project implementation
- Elimination / mitigation of risks that would otherwise have a negative impact on the bid price
Technical assistance programs available
The state program for the support of energy savings EFEKT is issued by the Ministry of Industry and Trade with the intention of participating in the fulfillment of the State Energy Concept. It is one of the tools of the Ministry of Industry and Trade to achieve the current goal set by the European Directive No. 2012/27 / EU on energy efficiency. The EFEKT program is a complementary program to operational and national energy programs with the aim of increasing energy savings.
The maximum budget of the program for the period 2017-2021 is CZK 750 million.
Technical assistance is provided as part of the non-investment calls of the program. Current calls targeted also at cities include, for example:
- Elaboration of the local energy concept 2021
- Document processing for projects solved by the EPC 2021 method
- Energy Management 2021
- Preparation for the implementation of energy saving projects (principles of good practice) 2021
For rules on the use of technical assistance and information on current calls, see https://www.mpo-efekt.cz/cz/programy-podpory/efekt/vyzvy
European Investment Advisory Hub (EIAH)
EIAH is a partnership between the European Investment Bank Group and the European Commission as part of the Investment Plan for Europe, launched in September 2015.
EIAH is designed to act as a single access point to various types of advisory and technical assistance services. It supports the identification, preparation and development of investment projects across the European Union, including the Czech Republic. EIAH provides its services for free to the public sector.
Scope of Technical assistance
- Project development support throughout the stages of the project as well as upstream or policy advice on market studies, sector strategies and project screening,
- Process and methodological guidance and trainings on a number of issues related to investment projects (e.g. tendering process, cost benefit analysis, etc.), access to finance and use of EU funds.
Technical assistance within Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF)
The preparation and implementation of the National recovery and resilience plans (to be finalised and approved in Q2 2021) can be requested through the Technical Support Instrument (TSI). The Technical Support Instrument is the continuation of the existing and successful Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP)
The instrument allows to support Member State authorities in their efforts to design reforms according to their own priorities and enhance their capacity to develop and implement reform policies and strategies, as well as to benefit from good practices and examples of peers.
The scope of supported assistance can cover in particular (not only) following actions:
- Expertise related to policy advice, policy change, formulation of strategies and reform roadmaps, as well as to legislative, institutional, structural and administrative reforms.
- The short-term or long-term provision of experts, including resident experts, to perform tasks in specific domains or to carry out operational activities.
In the Czech Republic focus on technical assistance
Ministry of Industry and Trade
We have no results for the given criteria.
We have no projects on this topic yet.