On 17 September, the expert conference Brownfields will take place in Český Krumlov. This year’s event is dedicated to urban projects and sustainable urban development. The specific example of the planned revitalisation of the barracks in Český Krumlov will be an inspiration for how to deal with similar sites. The Nový Dvůr project, which will turn the abandoned barracks in Český Krumlov into a new urban district, will be presented by representatives of the city and architects from the A8000 studio.
The programme will also bring a foreign approach, directly from the renowned Norwegian architectural studio Snøhetta. Architect Patrick Lüth, who has been involved in the design of the Norwegian National Opera and Ballet building in Oslo, among other projects, will be speaking. And it will also be discussed. It is located in the area of the former transhipment yard, which has been undergoing a major transformation since the beginning of the millennium and is becoming the new centre of the Norwegian capital. The “South Gate” area in Budapest, whose masterplan will also be presented by Patrick Lüth, will undergo a similarly significant transformation.
Tickets and registration at: www.kfbrownfieldy.cz/tickets
- Urban projects on brownfield sites
- Case study: barracks Vyšný in Český Krumlov
- Inspiration for successful brownfield projects
- Sustainable development: the main theme of contemporary development
- Patrick Lüth / Architect, Studio Snøhetta
- Luděk Sekyra / entrepreneur, Sekyra Group
- Martin Krupauer / Architect, A8000
- Tomáš Ctibor / expert in spatial development, 4ct