This time we will discuss sustainable approaches to managing excess rain and snow water. Traditional ways of managing stormwater involve diverting it through infrastructure such as sewers. However, more sustainable approaches using a variety of blue-green infrastructure measures are increasingly seen as necessary. An integrated stormwater system could consist of natural measures such as green roofs, green gardens combined with other man-made measures such as underground infiltration and/or detention and retention basins etc. We will provide a general overview of possible sustainable approaches including practical examples of implementation from Sweden.
Sustainable urban stormwater management using blue-green solutions
- Vladimír Havlík - Chief Engineer, Sweco Hydroproject
- Milan Suchánek - Business Area Manager, DHI
- Fredrik Ohls - Urban planner of Blue-Green Solutions, Sweco Sweden
We don't have any news for this event yet.
We don't have any press news for this event yet.
We don't have any opinions for this event yet.
- Organizer HAVEL & PARTNERS
- Organizer Representation of the European Commission in the Czech Republic and the European Parliament Office in the Czech Republic in cooperation with the Confederation of Employers' and Business Associations of the Czech Republic and CEBRE