Climate change and energy security are major and very urgent challenges to our prosperity and quality of life. Major companies in the Czech Republic have therefore decided to join forces and work together through the RETHINK project:
- to address and promote appropriate measures to combat climate change and
- in finding ways to strengthen our resilience to energy shortages, high energy prices and external energy supply disruptions.
The RETHINK project, created by the Czech Business Council for Sustainable Development (CBCSD) and supported by many leading companies as well as partner associations and NGOs in the Czech Republic, is an initiative led by CEOs of like-minded companies committed to a successful transition to a climate neutral (Net Zero) economy by implementing effective, practical and measurable solutions.
RETHINKING THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS. A statement from the Czech business community in support of the climate goals of the Paris Agreement and the Glasgow Climate Pact can be read and downloaded HERE.
The Innovation Forum on Climate Change and Energy Security (“Forum“) is the first public event of the RETHINK project. It is intended to show concrete ways in which companies operating in the Czech Republic are rethinking the way they do business to ensure their long-term sustainability, resilience and competitiveness, and thus also contribute to greater prosperity, stability, environmental protection and social maturity of Czech society. This event will provide an opportunity to learn about current innovative approaches to climate neutrality (Net Zero) and energy security, as well as an opportunity to share ideas on how to benefit from the transition to a carbon-free economy across selected sectors of the Czech economy.
With growing evidence that climate change poses both significant systemic financial and business risks (but also a source of new business opportunities and innovation), the RETHINK project reflects the imperative for the Czech business community to play a proactive role in protecting the long-term economic, social and environmental prosperity and competitiveness of the Czech Republic.
The Forum consists of six thematic panels in which top executives from major innovative companies operating in the Czech Republic will present modern solutions and discuss the topics of energy security and decarbonisation, transport and mobility, buildings and construction, circular economy, water and ESG, and sustainable finance.
The need for real energy security, driven by current world events, adds a new and urgent impetus to a well-thought-out reduction of our dependence on fossil fuels. This makes the Forum, whose premises have been kindly provided by the French Institute in Prague, particularly timely and valuable.
150+, including senior representatives:
- Czech-based entrepreneurs across the energy, transport, water, waste management, buildings and construction and financial sectors, including CEOs and executives
- private and public sector associations
- civil society organisations
- embassies and foreign chambers of commerce
- investors, owners and asset managers
- international financial institutions and international intergovernmental organisations
- manufacturers and suppliers of sustainability solutions, in particular technology companies
- Czech public sector (Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Czech regions, cities and municipalities
90 % private sector | 10 % public sector
Czech and English (English will be simultaneously interpreted into Czech and vice versa)
CBCSD members: free of charge (2 persons), non-CBCSD members: 2 400 CZK + VAT (21%) per person
To be registered and notified of updates, register for the event HERE